PASTORAL GUIDELINES WHEN TYPHOON SIGNAL
BLACK RAINSTORM WARNING ARE IN EFFECT
(effective 1st September 2020)
1. When typhoon signal No.8 (or above) has been raised or black rainstorm warning has been issued, the faithful should heed the advisories just like the general public, stay indoors, and avoid outdoor activities.
2. It is dangerous to leave the house to go to church when the above signal or warning is in force. Hence, in these cases, the faithful are not required to attend Sunday Mass. For their own spiritual good, however, they are still required to perform other good works, such as reading the Bible at home (preferably the Sunday readings) or praying the Rosary.
3. In the case referred to in paragraph 1 above, the churches will not open, whether it be a Sunday or a weekday.
4. If disregard of the above-mentioned guidelines in nos. 1 and 2 were to result in an accident or an injury, church authorities will not be held responsible.
5. If the typhoon signal No.8 (or above) is lowered or the black rainstorm warning is canceled at least two hours before the scheduled Mass, the Mass shall be held as usual.
6. After the signals are lowered or warnings canceled, the priest may, for pastoral reasons, celebrate an additional Sunday Mass to facilitate the participation of the faithful.
7. The above guidelines apply to weddings and funerals.