Reopening of Public Parish Masses and Diocesan Offices
(effective 8th October 2021)
Bishop Stephen LEE announces the folllowing arrangements with effect from 8th October 2021 until further notice:
1) All parishes and Mass centres will resume public Masses with enhanced epidemic preventative measures, maintaining adequate seating distances and shortening the time of celebration. Churches are not open to the public outside Mass times.
2. Masses with public participation should remain suspended in schools, religious houses and old age home chapels.
3. Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed for those who feel unwell, those with a red/yellow health code, and those living in areas under quarantine.
4. During school suspension, all other large gatherings in the Diocese, such as Sunday School and seminars, will be suspended. Formators are encouraged to make good use of social medias to keep up with the pace of learning.
5. Staff of diocesan institutions and commission offices will return to work and normal duties on 8th October.
6. For live Mass broadcast and latest information, please visit the diocesan website at www.catholic.org.mo.
Given at the Chancery Office, 7 October 2021.
Fr. Cyril Jerome LAW, Jr.